Here are some suggestions for daily meals to include in your body cleansing diet. You are doing this diet to rid your body of all unnecessary toxins.
To find out more information about toxins, read what are toxins.
For breakfasts I recommend the following choices:
My Recipe for Homemade Granola
Directions: Preheat oven at 250 degrees F/120C
Note: Use other ingredients such as cranberries, sesame seeds, chia soy nuts, hemp seeds or any other dried fruit and seed combination
Typical nutrition per 1/4 cup (30 g): 170 calories, 10g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 18g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 9g sugar, 4g protein, 3mg sodium
HOMEMADE SOY YOGURT
You can make your own with 2 1/2 cups of soy milk, 4 tablespoons of
powdered soy milk and 1 tablespoon of plain live soy yogurt.
For Lunches I recommend the following choices for a body cleansing diet:
- Homemade Hummus with raw veggies such as carrots, cauliflower, celery, broccoli and a salad, try one of the salads below
- Homemade vegetable soups, I use chicken as a base and add veggies such as onions, garlic, leeks, Brussels sprouts, turnip, potatoes with herbs such as sage, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, sea salt and pepper, paprika, tumeric, ginger and basil
- Penni with broccoli, mushrooms, onions and garlic, vegetable broth (from your homemade soup) - fry onions, mushrooms, garlic and broccoli in vegetable stock and transfer to cooked Penni)
- Creamy Leek soup with potatoes (can substitute sweet potatoes) and whole grain toast
Leek Soup with Potatoes
It's important to include a salad daily in your diet.
Ideas for supper in your body cleansing diet:
- Baked potato with broiled wild salmon, tuna, sole and a salad
- Rice salad with vegetables, use brown or wild rice, vegetable stock, garlic, green beans, with or without Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, olives, then add oregano, thyme, parsley, sage, rosemary, turmeric and whatever herbs you like. Be creative.
- Stuffed bell peppers, eggplant, or tomatoes using as the mixture cooked brown rice with onion and garlic, minced beef (can omit), crushed tomatoes, black pepper, parsley, oregano, basil, fried in vegetable stock. Scoop out insides of whatever vegetable you decide to stuff, then boil in hot water for a few minutes, cool it under cold water, then fill inside with cooked filling. Serve with a salad
- Chili using vegetables such as onion, garlic, carrots, broccoli, zucchini, canneli mixed beans, green and red bell peppers, can of chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, paprika, black pepper, chili, vegetable/beef or chicken stock. Stir fry this mixture and serve on brown rice or the filling for tortillas and add a salad.
All of the above meals have a rich supply of antioxidant vitamins, rich source of proteins, B vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates and fiber Instead of using oil for stir frying, you use a meat or vegetable soup stock. If you prefer to use an oil, I recommend coconut oil.
It is important to daily include a salad in your body cleansing diet.
The following salad recipe provides you with natural fiber and the cleansing properties of apples combined with the diuretic effect of celery plus the high-fiber content of raisins.
Add natural bacteria of yogurt and you have a salad rich in iron, Vitamin C, pectin, potassium, and cleansing essential oils.
- Wash the apples, cut into small wedges, put them into a salad bowl, add half the lemons and mix thoroughly to prevent browning.
- Scrub and slice celery into half-inch chunks, chop the leaves and add to the apple pieces.
- Add raisins.
- Mix together the yogurt, vinegar, oil, honey, and remaining lemon juice. Add to the salad and toss lightly.
Here is another wonderful salad to include in your body cleansing diet which aids digestion and eliminates cholesterol:
You could also add, watercress, radicchio, cranberries and pecans, be creative.
Wash and slice the fennel bulb as thinly as possible.
Peel and slice the onion. Peel and slice the oranges and put a layer of orange slices onto each of 4 plates. Cover the oranges with fennel slices Sprinkle the onion on top of the fennel. Mix the orange juice with the vinegar and drizzle the dressing over each plate. Garnish with mint leaves.
The fennel bulb contains essential oils called anethole and fenchone which are mildly diuretic and helps the body to rid of excess fluid retention. Fennel’s oils help to maintain hormonal balance in women.
These salads are also good if you are experiencing constipation. Find out more information about constipation at causes of constipation.
Also check out this very important program at body cleansing detoxification cure.
This sweet-tasting salad is packed with antioxidants, vitamin E from bean sprouts, iron from the apricots and protein and essential fatty acids from the almonds.
Alternately, you could have beans sprouts with tomatoes, dill leaves and lemon as in image.
Shake oils and vinegar vigorously in screw top jar and pour over salad mixture, sprinkle almonds on top and season with freshly ground black pepper.
Eating fruits and vegetables and the daily recommendation of fiber will also aid in your body cleansing diet which is a natural detox cleansing diet to naturally regulate your system.
Never forget the power of physical exercise!
Moreover the fiber and vitamin C in oranges together with the red
onion improve digestive function and the elimination of cholesterol.
These recipes are taken from Michael van Straten's book "Super Salads". Click on image of book to order from Amazon.com
To aid with the body cleansing diet, you need to cleanse your liver. Pure Herbs has L.G.-W a, 100% safe, non-addictive natural herbal remedy formulated for teens and adults. These drops contain a selection of herbs known for their supportive function in cleansing and maintaining liver health and well-being. To order L.G.-W, contact me.
Find out about these natural herbs at
For more information, go to liver cleansing.
Environmental pollution, fast foods, drugs, alcohol, and sedentary lifestyles makes us feel sluggish and unmotivated! To start fresh and new, flush out toxins naturally through cleansing and body detoxification to support the body’s natural ability to perform its functions properly and cleanly!
By keeping all systems healthy and working at their best, you can support your health goals as well as healthy weight loss efforts.
More related content to body cleansing diet in the following links: