Discover These Causes Of Constipation
You may be wondering, what the causes of constipation are?
- one of the primary causes of constipation is dehydration. Salt, tea, coffee, alcohol, cola and soft drinks are all very dehydrating so beware of your intake.
- Eating dairy could cause constipation, if you're lactose intolerant.
Causes of Constipation
- Vacations Can Cause Constipation by
changing your daily routine and diet. Avoid dehydration-related
constipation by drinking water, especially if you're flying. Other
travel tips: Exercise, limit alcohol, and make a point of eating fruits
- Mood Can Affect Your Regularity such as depression
which may trigger constipation or make it worse.
through meditation, yoga, biofeedback, and relaxation techniques may
Acupressure or shiatsu massage may help, too. And massaging the
abdomen may help relax the muscles that support the intestines and get
your bowels moving.
- Certain Medications are causes of
constipation. Some medications for pain, depression, high blood
pressure, and Parkinson's disease are associated with constipation. Too
much calcium and iron can also lead to constipation.
- A Wrong Diet Such As a Low-Fiber Diet May Cause Constipation. If you are eating too much processed foods which are over-cooked, and soft, you need to change your diet You need to eat raw, crunchy foods such as raw green fruits and vegetables containing fiber which gives bulk, moisture and lubrication to the bowel and which cleanses the bowel at the same time. And you need to drink from 6 to 8 glasses of water which helps fiber pass stool.
- Lack of physical activity can contribute to constipation.
The 2 most important causes of constipation are lack of exercise and diet. You can check more Facts at webmd.
In my estimation, a toxic liver could also cause constipation problems, read signs of liver problems.
Now that you have an idea of what causes constipation you are ready for the next step of curing it.
These Suggestions Can Help Causes of Constipation
- Prunes Help Keep You Regular and has earned a big
reputation as "nature's remedy" for constipation. Prunes (often called
dried plums) can prevent or improve constipation symptoms.
- Drinking plenty of water helps prevent
dehydration, which can lead to constipation. Liquids can help keep your
stool soft to help prevent and alleviate constipation.
- Exercise, however, can help make your bowel movements more regular and can reduce stress.
If you are constipated, avoid coffee and other diuretics such
as alcohol and caffeinated tea and cola. Try to take a 15-minute walk
several times a day. Stretching and yoga can also help constipation.
Here are some Myths regarding causes of constipation:
- Castor Oil is a Cure-All. Castor oil is a powerful laxative, but like other laxatives, it should not be used long-term.
- It's Normal to Have Bloody Stool. Blood
in a bowel movement is not always serious, but you should always call
your doctor if it happens. Bright red blood is usually from hemorrhoids
or tears in the anal lining called fissures. Constipation and straining
during bowel movements can be the cause.
- Constipation Just Means You Need More Fiber but not in all cases.
Increasing the fiber in your diet can often help constipation. But
chronic constipation can signal a real problem. It can indicate a poorly
functioning thyroid gland or diabetes. It can be the result of
Parkinson's disease or stroke, or a side effect of medications.
Note: See a doctor if symptoms last more than two weeks or you
have blood in your stools, severe pain with bowel movements, or
unexplained weight loss.
Other causes of constipation besides your
diet are certain illnesses along with their prescriptions,
and your behavior.
Your Diet Can Cause constipation
If you suffer from constipation you need to examine your diet. It is important to include certain foods daily such as
- fiber as in a morning cereal,
- fruits and vegetables such as raw apples, pears, grapes, oranges, broccoli, green beans and peas,
- green salads and
- drink as much water as you can.
I know they say we should drink at least eight 8oz. glasses daily, but I
feel that you should only drink when you are feeling thirsty.
Vegetables, fruit, and fiber along with water help to move food
through the intestines. It is a good habit to drink a glass of water
upon rising in the morning. I start my day with hot water, lemon and
honey. This is not only good for your intestines but also for cleansing
your liver and kidneys.
If you are suffering from acute constipation, it can start
suddenly and last a few days.
In Summary causes of constipation are causes by:
- wrong diet
- prolonged inactivity,
- missing bowel
Pregnant women can also develop constipation when the womb presses on the intestine.
If you have had a recent surgery requiring anesthetic, it can
affect the bowel muscles for a few days. Lead poisoning and swallowing
indigestible objects are other occasional causes.
If you are suffering from constipation, there are natural herbal remedies available with no side effects from Pure Herbs. You can find out more information at constipation cures.
These Illnesses May Cause Constipation
Here are a few medical conditions which are also causes of constipation:
- bowel obstructions, such as a tumor or benign growth
- chronic kidney failure
- irritable bowel syndrome
- neurological disorders such as Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, or spinal cord injury
- rectal or colon cancer
Are You Taking Medications?
And if you are taking any of these medications they can provoke
constipation. If that is the case, ask your doctor for a stool softener.
- anticonvulsants used for epilepsy
- heart medications such as calcium-channel blockers
- iron supplements
- pain medications such as codeine and morphine
- some cough and cold medications containing dextromethorphan
- some antacids
Examine Your Behavior
If you are a person
that tends to hold onto things – you can’t throw or give anything away -
this can also cause constipation. This type of behavior is called anal
Or if you are a person who often holds your need to eliminate
until you reach your own bathroom, this tendency can also lead to
You need to listen to your body, and if you have to go to the
bathroom, you go. If you are thirsty, drink water, not sodas or coffee
or tea, only water which is the best cleansing agent for your body. For
more information, go to benefits of drinking water.
Related Links available in the 3rd column
- constipation cures
- foods that relieve constipation
- symptoms of constipation
Return to benefits of drinking water from causes of constipation
Apr 28, 17 09:43 PM
I recently got a problem after I got antiques from my Grand parents. Such as noises that make my ears hurt, nausea, sick too the stomach and tricked in
Apr 28, 17 09:14 PM
I am an Indian Student who never follows regular practices of Mudras or meditation or visit temples...but, for the past one year I have been experiencing
Apr 28, 17 08:58 PM
I recently think I met my twin flame I never heard of anything before this silly I know he's an air force mechanic. I love the military, everything about,