E-Counseling Is Online Therapy
E-counseling is fast, easily accessible, cost effective, and time efficient. Here are a few advantages:
- you have access to a professional counselor from your own home, office or wherever is suitable for you by e-mail
- It is convenient if you travel extensively or unable to see a counselor face-to-face.
- It is also accessible for those with physical disabilities and those who do not live near specialized counseling services.
What e-counseling is not:
- It is not intensive psychotherapy
- It is not suitable for diagnosing
or treating psychiatric illness.
- It is not an effective means of
responding to crises such as: suicidal feelings, homicidal feelings,
abuse, trauma, or acute psychiatric symptoms.
If you are feeling suicidal, you need immediate support. In
the USA you can call the National Suicide Hotline at: 1-800-784-2433.
Anyone with a mental health crisis can contact the Good Samaritans and receive free help.
How Online Counseling via E-mail Helps
Writing about your dilemmas and issues will help bring
- clarity to
your thinking, and it
- will help you therapeutically. Writing allows the
- expression of feelings and ideas without censure. It also helps to
your problems more tangible and concrete as they become visible in
- thinking and writing allows you to discover the problems you are
What to Expect from Online Counseling:
My responses to your emails includes feedback through comments
and questions which will help you to explore your problems more fully.
They will also helps to promote self-awareness, self-reflection and
My questions and comments are designed to help you to express
yourself, to look at factors that perpetuated the problem, to help you
realize how the problem(s) became overwhelming, to help you to
understand and to cope with issues, and to help you to build on your
strengths. The exercises I recommend will help you to release negative
thinking and behavioral patterns.
Why Choose E-Counseling?
Life's problems can interfere with relationships, happiness, home and
work life, your mental and physical health and a sense of inner peace.
Problems can overwhelm you to the point of feeling stuck, powerless,
distressed, angry, sad, anxious, tense, or helpless.
E-Counseling is suited to those who are:
- seeking personal growth, change or improved emotional well-being
- needing guidance with life transitions, mid-life crises, career changes or loneliness
- facing difficult decisions or adjustments
- desiring bereavement support with grief and loss such as
death, pregnancy losses of miscarriage, stillbirth, abortion, and other
losses such as separation or divorce, disability, fertility, special
- adapting to major family change after separation or divorce or family moves
- managing stress of work or other life pressures and demands
- wanting to improve marital or couple relationships, or family communication within your nuclear, blended or extended family
- working through issues with your parents, extended family members, siblings or partner's family
- surviving your illness, health crisis or living with a chronic health condition, a friend's or family's illness
- coping with distress through weight or food issues on the
continuum from anorexia, bulimia, or obesity through to eating
disturbances, picky or fussy eating
- trying to deal with the overwhelming feelings due to multiple pressures or challenges in life
- experiencing extra-sensory perceptions such as hearing, feeling, seeing or sensing spirits
- physically disabled without access to a counselor
The Benefits Of E-Counseling
E-counseling may help you to
- clarify and articulate your concerns so
you can begin to deal with the problems and issues in your life. It may
assist you to
- regain a feeling of personal empowerment to
- trust your
- explore potential solutions to problems, and to
- reflect on
You will feel supported, listened to, and be able to realize your
own strength and resources which will promote a sense of well-being.
The strength of e-counseling is that it is written, and
this will appeal to some people while not others. Using the written word
to express yourself can overcome obstacles for those who cannot express
themselves in face-to-face encounters, and also to those who live with
speech limitations or hearing impairment.
The Importance Of Writing
Writing About Your Thoughts and Emotions
This method of e-counseling requires that you are reasonably
comfortable with reading and writing.
Those who are perfectionists may
find that writing down thoughts, ideas and feelings takes an inordinate
amount of time because they worry about finding the right words or
constructing sentences perfectly.
Grammar and spelling are not
It is important to be able to communicate the essence of your
experience and needs. The method of counseling you choose to engage in
(telephone or e-mail) needs to fit with your personality, comfort level
I advise you to keep copies of the e-mails you send as well as
those you receive. Often times people have a hard time recalling what
actually was said in face-to-face therapy sessions, especially when
emotions are intense.
E-mail therapy sessions provide you with a permanent record of
all the written interactions between you and the counselor. Plus, in
time you will see a change in your written responses.
This can lead to writing in your own journal. Writing about
problems and feelings in journals is a great therapeutic tool.
You may also keep additional notes for your own recollection and
I wrote a book called, "That Damn Voice, Communication From Beyond" which was taken from notes about my emotions and experiences while grieving the loss of my loved ones in my
More Benefits Of E-Counseling
With e-counseling, you can take as much time as you need to compose
your email and to rework ideas. You are not restricted to time-limited
face-to-face sessions to explain the difficulties you are facing.
In e-mail counseling, you have the opportunity to compose your e-mail,
to save it and to review it before sending. You may find this process
helpful for self-reflection.
- takes away any barriers of face-to-face awkwardness
that might arise if you need to describe sensitive or emotional
- gives you a sense of anonymity.
- allows you to say
things that you would not feel comfortable saying to
someone face to face.
It is one alternative and is not a replacement for traditional
You may need to read all the information I
have provided on my website before deciding if online counseling (by
telephone or e-mail) is appropriate for you.
If you are ready for 30 minutes of e-counseling, the cost is $35.00.
The e-mail session contains:
- 1. My e-mail asking for more detailed information about your situation.
- 2. You send the additional information.
- 3. I send you my reply with solutions to your situation plus any exercises for you to do.
- 4. You send your response to the counseling email with your
thoughts, feelings, and comments, as well as the results of any
exercises I may suggest.
- 5. I send you a concluding e-mail
Once you have paid,
Return to online spiritual counseling from this e-counseling page
Apr 28, 17 09:43 PM
I recently got a problem after I got antiques from my Grand parents. Such as noises that make my ears hurt, nausea, sick too the stomach and tricked in
Apr 28, 17 09:14 PM
I am an Indian Student who never follows regular practices of Mudras or meditation or visit temples...but, for the past one year I have been experiencing
Apr 28, 17 08:58 PM
I recently think I met my twin flame I never heard of anything before this silly I know he's an air force mechanic. I love the military, everything about,