Do You Know How To Handle Stress?
Here are many suggestions for how to handle stress. You can use one or
Most importantly, these suggestions will help you to reduce the
stress in your life to prevent illness.
Fighting a Cold
Stress robs you of your energy
and depletes your immune levels leading to inability to fight off
Your Health Is Important
I've listed certain stressful situations under the following topics:
- changing your behavior,
- adapting to stressful situations
- acceptance to situations that you cannot change. And I will remind you that
- having fun and laughing is one of best solutions in relieving stress.
Suggestions On How To Handle Stress
It is mentally harmful to avoid all stress since there are situations that need to be addressed, but you can avoid certain situations immediately.
See how one dad handled a job rejection letter! It was so much fun that they moved on to credit card solicitations.
Stressful situations you can avoid:
- Learn how to say "NO" – Know your limits and refuse to accept added responsibilities.
- Avoid people who stress you – If someone
consistently stresses you, limit the time you spend with that person
or end the relationship.
- Take control of your environment – If the evening news makes you anxious, turn the TV off. If traffic’s got you tense, take a less-traveled route.
- Avoid topics that annoy you – If you get
upset over religion or politics, don't talk about them.
If you repeatedly argue about the same subject,
stop bringing it up or excuse yourself when it’s the topic of
- Scale down your to-do list – Analyze your
schedule, and daily tasks. If you’ve got too much on
your plate, drop
things that aren’t necessary.
How To Handle Stress Involves Changing Your Behavior
We can’t control nor avoid most situations, but you may have to change your
behavior such as the way you communicate in your daily life.
- Express your feelings instead of bottling them
up. If something or someone is bothering you, communicate your concerns
in an open and respectful way. If you don’t,
resentment will build.
- Be willing to compromise. When you ask
someone to change their behavior, be willing to do the same. If you both
are willing to bend a little, you’ll have a good chance of
finding a happy middle ground.
- Be more assertive. Don’t take a backseat
in your own life. Deal with problems head on, doing your best to
anticipate and prevent them. If you’ve got an exam to study for and your
chatty roommate just got home, say you only have five minutes to talk.
- Manage your time better. Poor time
management can cause a lot of stress. When you’re stretched too thin and
running behind, it’s hard to stay calm and focused. Plan
ahead and make sure you don’t overextend yourself.
Here are 5 ways that Deepak Chopra shows us how to handle stress from his book, "Ageless Body, Timeless Mind":
- Realize that you have interpretations and you don't have a patent on the truth.
- Set aside your old mindset, if you feel tense, it's a sign that you are holding tightly to your point of view.
- Look at things from a new perspective - focus on how your body feels.
- Question your interpretation and see if it is still valid.
- Focus on the process, not the outcome. Stress arises when you concentrate on how something has to turn out.
How To Handle Stress Involves Adapting to Certain Situations
There are many situations where you can’t change the stressor,
but you can change yourself. You can learn to adapt to stressful
situations and regain your sense of balance by changing your
expectations and attitude.
- Take a different approach to problems. Try to
view stressful situations from a more positive perspective. Rather than
fuming about a traffic jam, look at it as an opportunity to pause,
listen to the radio, or enjoy some alone time.
- Take a step back and look at the big picture.
Take perspective of the stressful situation. Ask yourself how important
it will be in the long run. Will it matter in a month? A year? Is it
really worth getting upset over? If the answer is no, focus your time
and energy elsewhere.
- Adjust Your Standards. Perfectionism is a
major source of stress. Stop setting yourself up for failure
by demanding perfection. Set reasonable standards for yourself and
others, and learn to be okay with "good enough."
- Focus On The Good Things In Your Life.
When stress is getting you down, take a moment to reflect on all the
things you appreciate in your life, including your own positive
qualities. This simple strategy can help you keep things in perspective.
- Adjusting Your Attitude
Your thoughts have a profound affect on your emotional and physical
well-being. Each time you think a negative thought about yourself, your
body reacts as if it were in a tension-filled situation.
- Look at the good things about yourself,
you are more likely to feel good; the reverse is also true. Eliminate
words such as "always," "never," "should," and "must." These lead to
How to Handle Stress Involves Acceptance
There are definite sources of stress which are unavoidable.
You can’t prevent or change situations such as the death of a loved one,
a serious illness, or a national recession.
In these cases, the best way to cope is to accept
things as they are. Acceptance may be difficult, but in the long run,
it’s easier than resisting a situation you can’t change.
- Don’t try to control the uncontrollable. Many
things in life are beyond our control — particularly the behavior of
other people. Focus on the
things you can change such as your reactions to problems.
- Look for the upside. As the saying goes, "What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger."
When facing major challenges, look at them as learning situations and
opportunities for personal growth. If poor choices contributed
to a stressful situation, reflect and learn from your mistakes.
- Share your feelings. Talk to a trusted
friend or make an appointment with a therapist. Expressing what you’re
going through is very cathartic, even when you can't alter the stressful situation.
- Learn to forgive (Very Important). One of
the best behaviors in how to deal with stress is learning forgiveness.
Accept the fact that we live in an imperfect world and people make
mistakes. Let go of anger and resentments. Free yourself from negative
energy by forgiving and moving on.
How To Handle Stress Involves Having Fun
You can reduce stress in your life by nurturing yourself.
Unplug - slow down your pace by taking a break from e-mails, text
messages, meetings and information overload through healthy activities:
- Go for a walk.
- Spend time in nature.
- Call a good friend.
- Exercise - Sweat out tension with a good workout.
- Write in your journal.
- Take a long bath.
- Light scented candles
- Savor a warm cup of coffee or tea.
Dealing with Stress
- Play with a pet.
- Work in your garden.
- Get a massage.
- Curl up with a good book.
- Listen to music.
- Watch a comedy
- Don’t get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of life that you forget to take care of your own needs.
Nurturing yourself is a necessity, not a luxury.
- Set aside relaxation time. Include rest
and relaxation in your daily schedule. Don’t allow other obligations to
encroach. This is your time to take a break from all responsibilities
and recharge your batteries.
- Connect with others. Spend time with
positive people who enhance your life. A strong support system will
buffer you from the negative effects of stress.
- Do something you enjoy every day. Make time for leisure activities that bring you joy, whether it be walking with your dog, playing the piano, or working on your bike.
Keep your sense of humor. This includes the ability to laugh at yourself. The act of laughing helps your body fight stress in a number of ways.
My Recommendation On How To Handle Stress
Call on Arch Angel Raphael to help heal reoccurring negative
patterns - your attachment to the ideas you hold about yourself, your
life, and your patterns.
The healing Archangel Raphael's emerald green healing energy can
dissolve and loosen the bonds of the negative patterns' atoms. Take a
moment to center yourself with breath, and then say this aloud or
"Archangel Raphael, please surround me with your healing
light, dissolving all bonds to fear-based thought patterns. Please wash
all of my former fears away."
You'll likely feel sensations as the green light dissolves and
washes away the old thought forms from your body. Afterward, you'll feel
lighter and freer, which is the basis of inner peace and health.
Also, you can take a 100% natural herbal combination such as D.A.N.C from Pure Herbs which you can order by contacting me. You can find more information about natural herbal medicine at herbs for stress
Links Related To How To Handle Stress in 3rd column at right
If you need counseling to help you in learning how to handle stress in your life, you can reach me at online spiritual counseling.
Return to what causes stress from how to handle stress
Apr 28, 17 09:43 PM
I recently got a problem after I got antiques from my Grand parents. Such as noises that make my ears hurt, nausea, sick too the stomach and tricked in
Apr 28, 17 09:14 PM
I am an Indian Student who never follows regular practices of Mudras or meditation or visit temples...but, for the past one year I have been experiencing
Apr 28, 17 08:58 PM
I recently think I met my twin flame I never heard of anything before this silly I know he's an air force mechanic. I love the military, everything about,