First of all, before learning how to manage anger, it is important to admit that you are often angry.
If you try to push your angry feelings down, they will not go away, and the feelings will keep coming out over and over again and each time more painfully.
"What would I think of someone else if I saw him/her getting angry in this situation?" or
"Is this situation really as bad as I am making it out to be?"
1) If your anger is caused by something beyond your control, such as a job lay-off, find out how others have dealt with the problem successfully, and try to follow their lead.
2) Avoid blaming yourself, even if you are angry because of misfortune caused by your own mistake. Learn from your experiences and avoid making the same mistakes again.
3) Reduce your tension with some physical activity. Go for a brisk walk, play a hard game of tennis with a friend, work in the garden, or clean the house.
4) Reduce your stress level with relaxation and deep-breathing exercises. Take up Yoga or Tai-Chi or find some hobby that you enjoy doing.
5) Learn to meditate. When you are alone, practice letting go of your thoughts from your day-to-day concerns and do some menial chore such as washing dishes and get into the moment by only concentrating on washing the dishes. This may make you more able to do the same when you find yourself getting angry.
To learn about meditation, go to
benefits of meditation.
6) Learn to laugh at yourself. If you can learn to see the silly side of things, you can laugh instead of lashing out.
7) Learn to trust the abilities of others. Some of your anger may be coming from a lack of faith in the capabilities of other people.
8) Talk to someone you trust such as a family member, a close friend or a member of the clergy for your religion who may be able to see things more clearly and objectively than you do.
In the meantime, you can take a natural herbal remedy for help in coping with your emotions.
For Anxiety, you can take Arnica, D..A.N-.C., Dulse, Formula # 31, Golden bough or Rue
Emotional disorder: Blue Vervain, D.A.N.-C, Maca, N.-W
Tension: B.& N.C.-W, D.A.N.-C, N.-W
Stress: B.-W, B.&N.C-W, Formula #3, Maca, Scullcap, S.M.F.-B
This combination of natural remedies works to relieve moment-to-moment agitation of the emotions from a number of different directions - much like a safety net. It also counteracts the shock of accidents.
Contact me for more information on natural liquid herbal combinations.
When all else fails in earning how to manage anger, look for professional help.
If your problems are serious, you may need the help of a mental health
professional, such as a psychiatrist, psychologist, social worker, a spiritual life coach or counselor who can help you with learning new ways to release your anger.
More related content where these links are in the 3rd column to the right.