I highly recommend these natural herbs for menopause which are listed below and made by Pure Herbs. I have been using them with very positive results.
I recommend using natural herbs as alternative medicine for menopause.
Here are the most common signs of menopause.
If you experience any of the following serious symptoms, make an appointment to see your physician or medical provider before you use any natural herbs for menopause:
1. Heavy Bleeding - This can be a sign of fibroid tumors, uterine polyps or uterine cancer. It can cause you to become anemic and should be evaluated by a medical professional.
2. High Blood Pressure - Check your blood pressure every few months, and if it becomes higher than 140/80 make an appointment to have it evaluated. You could be at risk for heart disease or stroke, or it may be a sign of more serious medical problems.
3. Heart Palpitations - These can be normal during the time around menopause. But if they are happening frequently, or are accompanied with trouble breathing, fainting, chest pain, anxiety, or nausea they could be signs of heart disease or a heart attack.
4. Depression - Menopause is a time of changing moods and grief over life’s losses. If you are finding yourself sad most of the time, or if you feel hopeless, irritable, have lost pleasure in things you used to enjoy or think about dying or hurting yourself, make an appointment to see whether you are clinically depressed. Some treatments for depression are also effective for other menopausal symptoms.
Other Symptoms of Menopause
Each woman's body will react differently to menopause. There are many other symptoms that you may notice during this time. The change in hormones will have a different effect on each woman's body. Here are some of the effects:
If you experience any of the above symptoms, check with your doctor to see whether it is a side effect of menopause, or something more serious.
If your symptoms are normal signs of menopause, then seriously consider the herbs I've listed below for herbal menopause relief.
1) Black Cohosh - Menopause and it's symptoms are handled by Black Cohosh. It slows the heartbeat and strengthens its output as well as increases the pulse strength.
It also acts as a arterial and nerve sedative which is most important to reduce hypertension which is nerve induced high blood pressure and is far safer than Digitalis. In folklore medicine, Black Cohosh has been one of the most natural herbs for menopause. A cloth soaked in this extract was used externally for the following problems:
2) D.A.N.-C it contains Evening Primrose, Lady's Slipper, Blue Vervain, Rice Bran, Cudweed, St. John's Wort, Horsetail, Feverfew, Indian Tobacco, and Wormseed.
This combination is effective in regulating nervous system disorders that can be caused by menopause, especially depression, anxiety, nervousness, insomnia, memory problems, lack of concentration, and migraines.
It strengthens the whole nervous system, restores a calmness, increases circulation to the brain and helps to bring about normal behavior.
3) Maca - I personally recommend Maca, I am using it. Is rich in amino acids and essential fatty acids. It reduces hot flashes, corrects menstrual problems, improves skin's appearance, increases sexual desire, regulates vaginal lubrication, stabilizes emotional status and reduces stress.
It is one of the best natural herbs for menopause because it works on the following:
For both men and women- it helps build energy and stamina, anemia, builds immunity and improves memory.
3) P.M.S.-W contains Dong Quai, Red Raspberry Leaf, Partridge Berry, Blessed Thistle, Black Cohosh and Wild Yam.
This combination corrects miseries caused by imbalances during the monthly cycle. It furnishes necessary calcium and vital minerals to stop cramping, clam nerves, prevent fluid retention and headache. this combination cleans the female reproductive system and restores hormonal balance.
I am taking Maca, and B.&N.C-W, and do not feel as tired and worn down as I used to feel. These herbs are a part of my herbal menopause treatment.
There are more natural herbs for menopause created by Pure Herbs, for more information on using them or ordering, contact me.
You can look into bio-identical hormone therapy for menopause hormone replacement if you know or have a doctor near you who works with them. The safe component about these hormones is that they are not synthetic which is the worst substitute to take for your body.
Lately, I have become interested in bio-identical hormone therapy since I read Suzanne Somer's Books "Breakthrough" about total wellness and "The Sexy Years" - the hormone connection
These hormones are made to replace the natural hormones in our body after menopause.
I suggest you read the following articles to familiarize yourself with this type of hormone therapy and decide for yourself.
then Dr. Tina Discepola writes about why she prescribes this hormone therapy at
And it's interesting to read what Oprah Winfrey says about bio-identical hormones. She does not recommend bio-identical hormones for every menopausal woman. On the other hand, she advises women to take charge of their health and says it's time to "start the conversation" about menopause and bio-identical hormones.
Note: Information on the traditional uses and properties of herbs provided on this site is for educational use only, and is not intended as medical advice. Every attempt has been made for accuracy, but none is guaranteed. Many traditional uses and properties of herbs have not been validated by the FDA. If you have any serious health concerns, you should always check with your health care practitioner before self-administering herbs.